Partially flooded remains of Calderwood Baptist Church in the ghost town of Calderwood, Tennessee. Calderwood was a town built by ALCOA(Aluminum Company of America) during the construction of Calderwood Dam. Once the dam was finished in 1930, people began to slowly leave Calderwood to find work elsewhere in neighboring towns. It had a school, movie theater, grocery store, and two churches. Calderwood was completely abandoned by the 1960s.
Calderwood Baptist Church was built in 1954 and was used as a place of worship until the 1980s. The church has since fallen into disrepair, the ceiling has recently caved in and sometime in the past, the sewer had backed up into the basement, flooding it.